CURLSASK Job Posting ~ Seasonal
CURLSASK is currently seeking a Special Projects Coordinator.
|Job Title:||Special Projects Coordinator|
|Job Type:||Flexible Contract – 280 Hours over 10 weeks. Office & some travel required|
|Reports to:||Executive Assistant/Executive Director|
|Job Purpose:||The purpose of the position is to develop several existing participation-based programs & lead the development of new programs.|
|Start Date:||October 4, 2021||End Date:||December 10, 2021|
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Adult Learn to Curl: This program is a yearlong, club based learn to curl program that is targeted to adults. The successful candidate would lead the program and support 6 pilot clubs & manage sponsorship agreement with Great Western Brewery.
- New User Groups: Coordinating special events to target new user groups such as aboriginal, Regina open door society, new comers etc. This would include on ice sessions and off ice, such as presentations and rocks and rings/ floor curling.
- Try Curling Days: Developing a club-based program to Try Curling (from Marketing and promotion to actual initial lessons and follow up) so other clubs could easily pick it up and implement it.
- Try Learn Play Compete: Assist in the development of a new classification system for the sport of curling & develop accompanying programs and marketing assets.
- Safe Sport: assist in the development and implementation of new safe sport policies to ensure a safe environment for our participants.
- Website: Review the current website and ensure information is accurate and easy to find. Review of the visibility on a phone/tablet.
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a Canada Summer Jobs program position; therefore, the successful candidate must meet all eligibility requirements of the grant.
- Preference will be given to individuals working towards a degree in Event or Sport and Leisure (recreation) management, Kinesiology or Business Management.
- Must have a valid license.
- Preference given to those applicants with a curling background.
We are seeking a dedicated team player and who is able to work with a variety of stakeholders, but also possess the ability to work independently and take initiative. The successful candidate must be flexible, goal/deadline oriented, have strong project management skills and be able to handle priorities effectively and under pressure. Requires technical proficiency of basic workplace applications.
The CURLSASK office is located in Regina and the preferred candidate will reside in or around Regina. Work hours are flexible provided tasks are completed in a reasonable time. Please refer to the CURLSASK Vaccine Mandate prior to applying (available on our website).
Please email applications to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Midnight September 26, 2021.
Please click here for a PDF version of the job application.