Competition Ice Technician
Competition Ice – Ice installed in an arena (non-dedicated curling facility) over an existing ice surface for short-term competitive events. Pre-Requisites for the Competition Ice Technician Program to apply. Spaces may be limited, and selection based on experience may be required.
Program Delivered By: Curling Canada
Pre-requisites: Must have one of the following 2 options:
- “Certified” Curling Ice Technician Program
- “Certified” Level 2 (previous levels system) with Safe Sport Education Module
- 3 years experience working as a Certified Curling Ice Technician
- Letter of Interest outlining career aspirations
- Endorsement letter for Member Association
Program Length: Five-day in-person training. Training will take place during an installation in an arena.
Status at the End of the Workshop: “Trained” Competition Ice Technician
Evaluation: Online Exam
Status after Evaluation: “Certified” Competition Ice Technician
Expect to Learn:
- Leveling ice and flooding
- Paint/Logo/Line Installation
- Scheduling – equipment, camera installation, volunteers
- Techniques to very ice conditions to provide optimal speed and curl
- Monitoring and managing the environment with influence from spectators, TV lights and crew, weather, etc.
- Rock Maintenance
Looking for more information?
Contact – Curling Canada email@example.com