Coaches who complete the process will become Certified Competition Coach. The coaches will be able to prepare a team to compete in regional and provincial competitions. They will be proficient at planning and executing safe and efficient practices.
7 Step process:
- Create a Coaching Number Here
- Complete SaskSport Online Respect in Sport Course Here
- Complete Making Ethical Decision Workshop and Online Evaluation Here
- Complete SafePlaces Certification Here
- Complete Competition Coach Workshop (, see Calendar for upcoming workshops)
- Submit a Practice Plan to CURLSASK
- On-Ice Evaluation
What to expect in the Competition Coach Workshop:
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Strategy and Tactics
- Delivery and Brushing
- Skills analysis
- Practice plan and Safety and EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
- In-person – 2 consecutive days for a total of 15 hours
- Virtual – Evenings on 4 determined dates
- $200 for the workshop
- $50 for Making Ethical Decisions
- $125 + Mileage (if required) for On Ice Evaluation
For additional information visit the NCCP Website here.
Upcoming Competition Coach Courses
CURLSASK doesn’t have any courses set at this time.
Please email email@example.com for more inquiries in regard to coaching clinics.