JUNIOR PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Curl Regina is currently looking for Junior Curling Instructors for its various youth programs. The programs run October-March and are held at both the Callie and Highland Curling Clubs. Training will be provided.
– Delivering basic curling instruction to children aged 5 – 13
– Planning weekly lessons
Grade Six School Program:
The Grade Six School Program introduces the students to the game of curling. Instruction includes the basic skills of delivery and sweeping, as well as the rules and etiquette of the sport.
Hours vary: Monday-Friday from 9:30-11:30 am and 1:00-3:00 pm. Flexible scheduling available. Salary is $25/hr.
FUN:)CURL Program Description:
FUN:)CURL program offers introductory instruction for children 5-8.
Hours: Sunday from 1:00-3:00.
Curl for Kids Program Description:
Curl for Kids program offers curling instruction and game activity to students in grades 3 to 8.
Hours: Saturday from 1:00-3:00 pm at the Highland. Sundayfrom 1:00 to 2:30 pm at the Callie.
– Energetic and enthusiastic
– Strong verbal communication
– Ability to organize, control, and generate enthusiasm in a group of 40 youth curlers
– Ability to work independently
– Good organization and time management skills
– Coaching certifications are considered an asset
– Experience teaching or coaching elementary aged children in a sport, camp, daycare, or school setting isan asset
– Completion of a Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector) is required prior to beginning work withchildren
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please indicate which program you are interested in instructing. Application deadline is September 30,2021.