Nova Scotia Curling: Job Posting – High Performance Director (Full-Time)
Nova Scotia Curling is seeking a full-time High Performance (HP) Director. The HP Director’s primary responsibility will focus the Nova Scotia Junior High Performance Program; working with coaches to ensure athletes are prepared and competing at an appropriate level, and demonstrates future vision for growth of the High Performance Program. This is a full-time position; renewable to April 2027 based on achieving 2023-24 outcomes.
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia with extensive in-province travel required.
In-season (Sept-March) working hours will be based around the needs of the High Performance teams; late afternoon, nights and weekends at times. Off-season hours will be based around planning, preparation and implementation for the next season.
- Must demonstrate curling at a national/international level as a player and/or coach
- Must have a curling coach credential, preferably Competition Development Certified.
- Proven capacity to develop and manage major projects to successful and timely completion
- High degree of professionalism and ability to motivate high performing athletes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, able to work independently as well as a team environment
- Reliable vehicle, criminal record check, and driver’s license required.
Salary: $60,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Start Date: April 1, 2023
Application Deadline: February 10, 2023 4:00pm
Please send resume and cover letter to: Virginia Jackson, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org (902) 223-3218