All SMDCT events will have their registration deadlines 10 days before the start of the event.
Teams must register for CURLSASK Mixed Doubles Provincials before January 12, 2021 @ 12pm to be eligible for the Provincial Berth spots as well as the Last Chance event.
Top 25 SK Mixed Doubles Teams (based on SMDR Points)
*Registered Team = registered both in CTRS AND CURLSASK Mixed Doubles Playdowns. See Registration Tab.
*All teams will be required to comply with Curling Canada’s Brushing Moratorium at Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles events.
Teams must complete the electronic CURLSASK Mixed Doubles Registration Form
by 12 pm January 12, 2021 to be eligible for a provincial qualifying spot.
Register here (coming soon)
Teams will earn spots into the Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Provincial competition based on the following order of criteria:
- Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Tour Rankings (SMDTR) (14 berths)
- The top fourteen (14) eligible teams on the rankings as of January 12th @ 12pm will be awarded berths in the provincial championship; any unclaimed berths will be awarded to the next highest ranked team.
- SMDTR points are earned in the following manner
- Every $100 of winnings on tour equals 1 point
- Non-playoff teams earn 0.25 points per win
- If a team has only one of their two players participating at an event, that individual can still earn 40% of normal point allocation; these individual points can be added to the points they have earned competing as a team
- The SMDTR ranking system applies to events both within and outside of Saskatchewan
CURLSASK U18 Mixed Doubles Championship (4 berths)
- The semi-finalists of the CURLSASK U18 Mixed Doubles Championship will earn berths in the Mixed Doubles Provincial Championship.
- Any unclaimed berths will be awarded to the next highest finishing U18 team.
- Last Chance Berth Event (6 spots)
- This will be an open-entry event serving as a last chance qualifier for the provincial championship.
- All entries will be subject to CURLSASK Registration Fee + bonspiel fee.
- In the event of a tie for a qualifying berth, the Tiebreaker Criteria will be as follows:
- Number of 1st place finishes in all events.
- Number of 2nd place finishes in all events.
- Number of 3rd/4th place finishes in all events.
- Number of 5th to 8th place finishes in all events.
- Head to head record of the teams in all events.
*Partners must have competed together in an event prior to the Provincial Championship (i.e. cannot combine two sets of individual points if they have not competed as partners at least once)
SEE LINK AT TOP OF PAGE FOR ALL GENERAL MIXED DOUBLES RULES!
Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Curling Tour (SMDCT) Committee
Members at Large:
Tour Coordinator – Sherry Just (306.380.4363) SaskMixedDoublesCurlingTour@gmail.com
Associate Tour Coordinator – Steve Laycock
Treasurer(s) – Jill de Gooijer & Garrett Springer
Promotions Coordinator – Ashley Quick & Chaelynn Kitz
Draw Master(s) – Mike Armstrong & Steve Laycock
Points System Manager(s) – Ryan Deis & Nancy Martin
Events Coordinator – Sam Wills
Event Organizer(s) – Brayden Stewart, Nancy Martin, Kenzie Schwartz & Dustin Kalthoff
Jill de Gooijer (left) & Garrett Springer (right) (Photo/Curling Canada).
Brayden Stewart (left) & Chaelynn Kitz (right) (Photo/Curling Canada).