We are excited to share that we have partnered with Safe Places to update our Safe Sport policies and procedures to ensure we are implementing best practices in protecting youth, aligned with Sask Sport and Curling Canada requirements.
CURLSASK has adopted Safe Places – Certification as a pre-requisite for Board Members, Employees and CURLSASK volunteers.
Safe Places Certification is a City of Swift Current initiative designed to support quality programming while reducing the potential risks to children and youth.
Safe Places Certification Requirements
Individuals are required to apply online for Safe Places certification with the following documents:
- Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Background Check obtained within 3
months of application
- Respect in School or Respect in Sport Certificate (valid within the last 4 years)
- 2 Pieces of Government issue ID (1 photo)
- 1 Photograph to be used for Public Directory Identification (2.5×2.5
*Certification is valid for 4 years and all Youth Certified individuals are searchable by person or organization in the Youth Certified Public Directory Annual Declaration. To maintain your Safe Places certification status and appear in the public directory, you must complete an annual declaration available through your online account.*
- You will be required to recertify and complete all steps again after 4 years