Coaches who complete the process will become Certified Competition Coach. The coaches will be able to prepare a team to compete in regional and provincial competitions. They will be proficient at planning and executing safe and efficient practices.
This process is divided into 7 steps:
- Create Coaching Number: here
- Sask Sport Respect in Sport Course (Online)
- Making Ethical Decisions Workshop and Online Evaluation
- Competition Coach Workshop (see our calendar)
- Submit a practice plan to CURLSASK
- On Ice Evaluation
Full detailed outline (step by step) for Competition Coach Certification, please click here.
Topics covered in a Competition Coach workshop:
- Teaching & Learning Strategies
- Strategy & Tactics
- Delivery and Brushing Skills
- Skill Analysis
- Practice Planning, including Safety and EAP (Emergency Action Plan)
- Drills to Correct
Duration of workshop: In – person – two consecutive days for a total of 15 hours
Virtual – Evenings on dates listed
Cost: (all taxes included)
Competition Coach – $200.00
Making Ethical Decisions – Coaches Association of Saskatchewan – $50
On Ice Evaluation – $125 + applicable mileage ( if necessary)
For additional information, visit the NCCP website HERE.