The Membership Assistance Program (MAP) Grant is funded through the Sask Lotteries Trust Fund and available to all CURLSASK member clubs. The purpose of the MAP Grant is to enable Provincial Sport Governing Bodies to allocate funds directly to their respective clubs, leagues, or other affiliated members, to increase the number of participants and the quality of sport development in Saskatchewan communities. MAP funds are to be used to support community and club-level sport development initiatives within the province. CURLSASK Member clubs receive a minimum of $550/ club from this grant.
Submit Member Form & MAP Application form online.
Due October 31, 2021
Receive funding approval amounts from CURLSASK by
Nov. 30, 2021
Submit MAP Follow-up form online with receipts for approved MAP eligible projects.
Due February 1, 2022.
Receive Payment from CURLSASK
(Club is fully affiliated and MAP Follow up report is approved.)
2 weeks following receipt of all information
Recognize Sask Lotteries for their financial contributions.
Receipts for the Follow-up Report must be dated between April 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
Please scroll down to view MAP Eligible and Ineligible expenses
MAP ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
- Ice installation equipment & supplies
- Ice maintenance equipment
- On ice equipment (rocks, measuring devices, etc.)
- Ice technician training and consults
- Officials training & certification
- Coach training & certification
- Youth development programs
- ‘Try’ curling events & programs
- Club open house expenses
- Training & instructional aids
- Rental Brooms & Sliders
- Youth prizes & instructor fees
- Cleaning supplies
- Overhead cameras & streaming equipment
- Tables & Chairs
- Power & electrical costs
- Kitchen repairs or equipment
- Social Events (BBQ’s, lunches etc.)
- Building & Plant Maintenance
- Score Boards
- Staff Wages (full or part time)
- Bonspiel Prizes (outside of Trophies)
- Ice Rental costs
- University Athletics Expenses
- Research projects or feasibility studies
- Cash Prizes
- Display Cases
- Club Newsletters
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Capital expenditures (any improvement to the building)
- Out of Province Travel expenses