- Two teams of four players play against each other on ice
- Each sheet of ice is between 44.5m and 45.72m (146-150 feet) long
- Each sheet of is between 4.32m and 4.78m (14.2-15.7 feet) wide
- A game usually consists of eight or ten ends
- A game generally lasts between 120 and 150 minutes
- The target is called the “house” and is made up of three concentric circles of diameters 4, 8 and 12 feet.
- The center of the house is called the “button”
- A curling rock is made of granite and weighs 20kg (44 pounds)