- MEN’S Q-Spiel #1: Deadline January 14, 2020
February 7-9, 2020 ~ Melfort Curling Club
- WOMEN’S Q-Spiel #1: Deadline January 14, 2020
February 7-9, 2020 ~ Tisdale Curling Club
- JOINT Q-Spiel #2: Deadline February 11, 2020
March 13-15, 2020 ~ Prince Albert Curling Club
- JOINT Provincial Championship
Mar. 25-29, 2020 ~ Saskatoon Granite Curling Club
- National Championship
Apr. 21-26, 2020 ~ Curl Sudbury
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Curling Canada provides a Curling I/O on-line registration and payment system.
Any team member can create the team in Curling I/O, but all team members MUST create a profile in Curling I/O. All team members will be required to read and accept the Event Participation Agreement (waiver). Click here to create a Curling I/O account.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person. Your e-mail address is what identifies you in the Curling I/O database.
Information Required to Register
- Team name
- Team line up
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
- Centralized database of curlers, compliant with privacy laws and using industry standard encryption, firewalls, and other security measures to protect personal data.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy.
Each player must be 17 years of age or under as of June 30, 2019.
- Each team must register its four players and coach prior to the commencement of play at the Qualification Bonspiel. A team consists of four players and a coach. The coach must be at least 21 years of age. Only one coach per team will receive coach’s recognition as per CURLSASK policy. The coach is directly responsible for the conduct of his/her team, on and off the ice.
- There will be two (2) Qualification Bonspiels in the province, but once a team qualifies at the first Qualification Bonspiel, the team is ineligible to enter the second Qualification Bonspiel.
- All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program and submit a current Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector check as per the Volunteer Screening Policy prior to being granted coaching status.
- Coaches at Qualification Bonspiels are not required but encourage to have NCCP Training.
- At Provincials teams must have a coach that is Competition Coach Trained or old NCCP Level 1 Certified, in the sport of curling.
- Registration Fee
- Commencing at a Q-Spiel each team entering the competition will pay the CURLSASK Registration Fee of $240.00 (GST included) per team plus a Curling Canada Participant Fee of $7.50 per player.
- The team will also pay a separate Entry Fee for each Bonspiel, which is over and above the one-time playdown registration fee. The Entry Fee for each Bonspiel will be $80.00 (GST included).
(Please refer to General Rules of Competition #14 for general substitution rules)
Specific substitution rules for this competition are:
- For Qualification Bonspiels, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province but may not be a registered member of a team in the U18 competition.
- For Provincials, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province, not be a registered member of a team competing in the provincial event but could be from a registered team who has been eliminated from the U18 competition.
The Provincial Championship will be a 12 team Triple Knock Out event with the teams qualifying through two (2) Qualification Bonspiels in the Province. Six (6) teams from each bonspiel will qualify for the Provincial Championship.
- Triple knockout draw will be run for each Q-spiel.
- Teams winning a Qualifying Bonspiel berth CANNOT enter another Qualifying Spiel.
- At the Provincial, 12 team triple knock out with four (4) teams advancing to a page system playoff.
As per CURLSASK Code of Conduct, competitors/coaches attending playdowns for the U18 competitions shall not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages and/or recreational drugs at any time during any level of play. The curling club licensed area shall be off limits to all competitors/coaches.
Below provides information specific to the provincial host site such as hotel and ticket information. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP – REGINA CALLIE
CURLSASK Liaison & Contact Number: Del Jones ~ Contact the Callie Curling Club at 306.525.8171
Host Committee Chairperson: TBD
Regina Ramada Hotel ~ 1818 Victoria Avenue
Event Code: CGCC19
Parking: Underground or on Street ($15/day). *Hotel guests, please take your license plate to front desk upon arrival, and their will be NO CHARGE!
Breakfast: 2 breakfast vouchers for the downstairs restaurant.