2021-2022 Provincial Team Selection Camp
The purpose of the Provincial Team Selection Camp is for CURLSASK to select the team that will represent Saskatchewan at the 2022 National Wheelchair Curling Championship.
Location: Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre
Times: 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m.
Registration Fee: $40.00 (lunch provided)
Athletes coming to the camp will be provided development sessions and evaluated on the following:
- Delivery Technical Skills and Shot Making Ability
- Game Strategy & Tactics
- Ability to work in a team environment
On-ice and off-ice sessions will be facilitated and evaluated by the Provincial Wheelchair Curling Coaches and other appointed evaluators. The Provincial Team must have at least one member of the opposite gender.
Athletes will be required to complete a mandatory questionnaire prior to the camp to assist with the evaluation process.
If selected as a member of Team Saskatchewan, you will be required to:
- Commit to train and compete with the team as outlined by the provincial team coach
- Attend competition events to be determined.
- Costs for training are the responsibility of the team.
- Attend the National Wheelchair Curling Championship
- Cost for airfare for athletes and one coach and 3 rooms per team are covered by Curling Canada.
- On-Ice clothing – jackets and one shirt per person is covered by CURLSASK.
- Meals and miscellaneous expenses are the responsibility of the team.
- Be a member of a CURLSASK Affiliated Curling Club
- Cost to be a member of a club is determined by the club. As an example, the Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre will affiliate members for a fee of $75.00
Please register by providing your name & contact information by TBD to:
CURLSASK email@example.com Phone: 306-780-9202
- CURLSASK will host a one day Provincial Team Selection Camp
- Four or five athletes will be selected to Team Saskatchewan as determined by the evaluators. A minimum of one athlete must be of opposite gender.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy.
- Eligible athletes are those who must be restricted in their mobility such that they are unable to deliver a curling stone without the use of a wheelchair. Although wheelchair curling is intended to be played by people who use wheelchairs for their daily mobility, it should not exclude those unable to participate in “stick curling” because they are unable to safely deliver a stone while walking or standing
- Age- No minimum or maximum age restriction
- Registration Deadline –TBD
- Registration Fee – $40 per person