- Q-Spiel #1: November 22-24, 2019
MEN: Estevan WOMEN: Yorkton
DEADLINE ~ October, 29, 2019 @ noon
- Q-Spiel #2: December 6-8, 2019
MEN: Humboldt WOMEN: Tisdale
DEADLINE ~ November 26, 2019 @ noon
- Provincial Championship
December 27 – January 1, 2019 ~Saskatoon Sutherland
- National Championship
January 18-26, 2020 ~ Langley, British Columbia
- World Championship
February 15-22, 2020 ~ Krasnoyarsk, Russia
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Curling Canada provides a Curling I/O on-line registration and payment system.
Any team member can create the team in Curling I/O, but all team members MUST create a profile in Curling I/O. All team members will be required to read and accept the Event Participation Agreement (waiver). Click here to create a Curling I/O account.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person. Your e-mail address is what identifies you in the Curling I/O database.
Information Required to Register
- Team name
- Team line up
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
- Centralized database of curlers, compliant with privacy laws and using industry standard encryption, firewalls, and other security measures to protect personal data.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All competitors on the team must be members of an affiliated club in the Province
- At the time of entry, the team must declare which one curling club they shall be representing for this competition.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy
- Each player must be 20 years of age or under on June 30th of the year prior to the championship.
- Each team must register its four players and coach prior to the commencement of play at the Qualification Bonspiel. A team consists of four players and a coach who is at least 21 years of age. Only one coach per team will receive coach’s recognition as per CURLSASK policy. The coach is directly responsible for the conduct of his/her team, on and off the ice.
- Teams may enter any Qualification Bonspiel in the province, but once a team qualifies at a Junior Qualification Bonspiel, the team is ineligible to enter any further Qualification Bonspiels.
- All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program and submit a current Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector check as per the Volunteer Screening Policy prior to being granted coaching status.
- It is mandatory that all teams at Q-Spiels, and Provincials have a coach that is Competition Coach Trained or old NCCP Level 1 Certified, in the sport of curling.
- A Competition Coach Certified or Old NCCP Level 2 Certified Coach, in the sport of curling, is required for National Junior Championships. A Competition Coach Certified or Old NCCP Level 2 Certified Coach, in the sport of curling, MUST be named before the Provincial Playdown.
- Registration/Entry Fee
- Commencing at a Q-Spiel each team entering the competition, will pay the CURLSASK Registration Fee of $240.00 (GST included) per team plus a Curling Canada Participant Fee of $48.00 per player.
- The team will also pay a separate Entry Fee for each Bonspiel, which is over and above the one-time playdown registration fee. The Entry Fee for each Bonspiel will be $80.00 (GST included).
(Please refer to General Rules of Competition #14 for general substitution rules)
Specific substitution rules for this competition are:
- For Qualification Bonspiels, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province but may not be a registered member of a team in the Junior competition.
- For Provincials, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province, not be a registered member of a team competing in the provincial event but could be from a registered team who has been eliminated from the Junior competition.
The Provincial Championship will be an 8 team round robin with the teams qualifying through two (2) Qualification Bonspiels in the Province. Four (4) teams from each bonspiel will qualify for the Provincial Championship.
- Triple knockout draw will be run for each Q-spiel.
- Teams winning a Qualifying Bonspiel berth CANNOT enter another Qualifying Spiel.
- At the Provincial, a round robin format, to a four team Page Playoff System will be used.
As per CURLSASK Code of Conduct, competitors/coaches attending playdowns for the Junior competitions shall not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages and/or recreational drugs at any time during any level of play. The curling club licensed area shall be off limits to all competitors/coaches.
Below provides information specific to each competition host site such as hotel and ticket information. Please click on the host site below that you would like information for. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL – Saskatoon Sutherland
CURLSASK Liaison: Jim Wilson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Host Committee Chairperson: Kerry Tarasoff
Host Website – www.curlsutherland.ca
Here is the Group Booking Link and contact phone numbers for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites East – University:
Attendees can book guestrooms by calling the following phone numbers:
Toll-free 1-800-HOLIDAY (1-800-465-4329)
Hotel direct 1-306-954-1250
A user-friendly URL is ready for booking guestrooms within the block dates by simply clicking on the Booking Link (URL) below and it will take you directly to the special group rate provided to the group at each hotel.
*** Note: To check availability on the website, please manually input the group’s check-in and check-out dates prior to hitting the CHECK AVAILABILITY button.***
Group Name: Junior Curling – FAMILY BLOCK
Dates: December 26-31, 2018 (anything outside of those dates please contact the hotel directly)
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites East-University-YXEES
Address: 1838 College Drive; Saskatoon; Bldg #2, SK; S1N 2Z8
Room Type(s) available: Two queen bedrooms at $139.00/night
Single King with double sleeper sofa at $149.00/night
Cut-off date: November 26, 2018
Group Code: JCT
Group Booking Link:
Complimentary Self Parking
Complimentary Express Start Hot Breakfast Bar
Complimentary High Speed Internet Access
Complimentary Coffee/tea 24 hours
Sundry Shop open 24 hours
Indoor pool and whirlpool
24 Hour Business Centre
Luncheon tickets are provided for curlers. Extra tickets are available at registration for family and friends.
Luncheon will be held at: Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Room for 192 people
Extra Luncheon Tickets – $25/person
Admittance for curlers, members of CURLSASK and media will be provided at registration.
Day Pass – $15
Game Pass – $10
Event Pass – $40
Senior Event Pass – $30.00
Available at the Door