|Job Title: Program Coordinator
Job Type: Summer Job
CURLSASK is the provincial governing body of Curling in Saskatchewan. Our mission is to promote and develop curling in Saskatchewan by providing leadership, services and programs for the curling community, from grassroots to elite in a safe and inclusive environment.
We are looking to grow our sport to be more inclusive and diversified and we need your help!
Start Date: June 1, 2023
Time: 35 hours per week
Weeks: 8 weeks with possibility of extension
Pay: $18 per hour
- Working towards a Degree or Diploma in a Post Secondary School
- Will require Respect in Sport, a Criminal Record Check and Valid Standard First-Aid and Level “C” CPR Certificate upon accepting the position.
- Candidates must be full time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
- Self-starter and internally motivated
- Proven planning, and organizational skills
- Ingenuity and ability to “think outside the box”
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of curling would be considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Youth Programs: Assist with the planning and implementation of our youth programs with an emphasis in enhancing inclusivity. Youth programs include: Viterra Youth Clinics, Viterra Prairieland Curling Camp Series, Viterra Blizzard Program, Hit, Draw, Tap.
- Research: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in sport. Research Curling Centre’s, as well as other sport’s Best Practices and share their success stories
- Funding: Identify grants and government funding opportunities that pertain to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Explore new mutually beneficial partnerships and funding opportunities for diversity initiatives.
- Develop and plan specific programming for Indigenous and Northern populations including but no limited to: Youth programs, coach development and adult learn to curl.
- Wheelchair Curling: begin an initial developmental strategy to grow wheelchair curling through increased awareness and accessibility
DEADLINE: May 24, 2023
APPLY TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.