CURLSASK Receives Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund Grant
Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund Recipient
Along with Jumpstart, we understand the role sport plays in the health and well-being of kids and their families and are doing everything possible to help community sports continue. Last year, with the support of CTC, Jumpstart Charities disbursed $8 million through its Sport Relief Fund, fulfilling nearly 700 grant applications, to help organizations continue to operate through 2020. With Canadian Tire Corporation’s commitment of an additional $12 million to Jumpstart’s Sport Relief Fund in 2021, together, we’ll help build back communities through sport and play.
As one of over 1,200 sport and recreation organizations across Canada to receive grant funding from Jumpstart’s Sport Relief Fund in 2021, the continued need for support is apparent. With Jumpstart’s support, we’ll be able to:
- Hire 8 Team CURLSASK Instructors.
- Provide leadership and training opportunities for our staff so CURLSASK can efficiently and effectively deliver our programming post-COVID-19.
- Look at our sport differently, analyze, change, and evolve to bring new people into our sport.
- Develop CURLSASK diversity and inclusion policies.
- Purchase helmets for our youth at our Youth Clinics and the Prairieland Curling Camp Series.
- Purchase removable hacks & ramps which will make our curling centres more accessible for youth.
- Purchase youth sliders (equipment) for children who are unable to buy the necessary equipment for the Youth clinic or camp.
This grant will go a long way towards helping usreturn to curling and in particular our youth programs.
For more information on our programming, please contact:
Dustin Mikush | Development Coordinator