Past Champions Will Be Back For 2020 Championship
Six teams have pre-qualified for the 2020 Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Provincial Championship February 27 – March 1 in Humboldt!
The six invites were based on rankings from the first two Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Curling Tour Events. The teams given direct berths are:
- Ashley Quick/Mike Armstrong ~ Regina, SK
*2013 SK Provincial Champions
- Chaelynn Kitz/Brayden Stewart ~ Saskatoon, SK
*2018 SK Provincial Champions
- Jill deGooijer/Garret Springer ~ Regina, SK
*2019 SK Provincial Champions
- Emily Haupstein/Nathen Pomedli ~ Weyburn, SK
- Abbey Johnson/Braden Fleischhacker ~ Weyburn, SK
*2019 U18 Provincial Champions
- Sherry Just/Ryan Deis ~ Prince Albert, SK
deGooijer (left) & Springer (right) watch the line during 2019 Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship action (Photo/Curling Canada).
Stewart (left) & Kitz (right) deliver their stone during the 2019 Canadian Mixed Doubles Championship (Photo/Curling Canada).
The remainder of the Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Curling Tour will continue into the New Year, with three events still to come:
- Feb. 7-9, 2020 ~ Sutherland Mixed Doubles Classic (Saskatoon)
- Feb. 14-16, 2020 ~ Highland Mixed Doubles Classic (Regina)
- Feb. 14-16, 2020 ~ CURLSASK Provincial Berth Event (Prince Albert)
For tickets to the 2020 Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Provincial Championship, please contact the Humboldt Curling Club. The 2020 Provincial Champion will then represent Saskatchewan at the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championship Mar. 17-22, 2020 in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba!
Good Luck & Good Curling to all duos!