Each year, CURLSASK hosts numerous events that provide competitive opportunities for teams in the province and also declare our Provincial Champion to compete at a National Level.The CURLSASK Competition Committee is presently seeking hosts for the 2019-2020 curling calendar for all provincial and/or qualifying events.
We have revised our bid process to allow potential host sites to bid up to 4 years in advance of their event. The revised process is more transparent and equitable to all potential hosts.
Please click here or visit the CURLSASK Webpage to find a brief synopsis of events that we are asking your consideration in hosting. ** Note: The synopsis of events are based on current playdown structure/format. This structure is subject to change so not all qualifying events may be held or may change in the future**
Hosting CURLSASK events provide a number of benefits to your curling club:
- Fundraising opportunity – club retains all profits from events (sponsorship, gate, food/beverage revenue)
- Enhancement of local community business support through sponsorship or involvement in the event.
- Opportunity to showcase your curling club & community
- Media attention for your club & community
- Opportunity to engage your curling club membership to volunteer in different capacity at the club level
- Opportunity to market curling to fans in the community
- Economic impact to the community through teams & fans coming into the community for the event.
In order to best assist our planning and preparations, we would welcome your request for the 2019 -2020 season to host by March 15, 2019. The Competition Committee would be able to process all requests and confirm host sites in the Spring of 2019.
All bids must be submitted through the online portal. CLICK HERE TO BID
Thank you in advance for your consideration and continued support of curling development in Saskatchewan from recreational to competition.
Skip Penny Barker calling line during the 2018 Viterra Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Melfort (Photo, Devan Tasa/Tisdale Recorder).
Skip Brock Viture competing at the 2018 SaskTel Tankard Men’s Provincial Championship in Estevan (Photo, Wanda Harron Photography).