18-19 High Performance Program
CURLSASK’s Director of High Performance Pat Simmons is proud to announce the lineup for the Tier 1 & Tier 2 High Performance Programs heading into the 2018-2019 season! The CURLSASK High Performance Program will strive to create an environment conducive to guiding present and future athletes/teams toward podium results at National & International competitions.
For the 2018-2019 curling season, the High Performance Program will consist of two tiers. Teams that achieve certain championships, points, berths, etc. will be distributed into either the Tier 1 or Tier 2 Programs.
“The Just Solutions Training Centre at the Twin Rivers Curling Club in North Battleford will allow teams a chance to train on championship ice starting in the middle of August – fully equipped to meet the needs of all High Performance teams and to give them the opportunity in province to properly train for the upcoming season,” said Pat Simmons.
Trevor Johnson (left) & Matthieu Taillon (right) of Team Rylan Kleiter sweep their rock during the 2018 New Holland Canadian Junior Men’s Curling Championship in Quebec (Photo/Curling Canada).
Skip Robyn Silvernagle calling line during the 2018 Viterra Scotties Women’s Provincial Championship in Melfort (Photo, Devan Tasa/Tisdale Recorder).
Tier 1 Program
- Team Penny Barker ~ Moose Jaw
- Team Mitchell Dales ~ Regina
- Team Matt Dunstone ~ Regina
- Team Chantelle Eberle ~ Regina
- Team Sara England ~ Regina
- Team Amber Holland ~ Regina
- Team Ashley Howard ~ Regina
- Team Rylan Kleiter ~ Saskatoon
- Team Kirk Muyres ~ Saskatoon
- Team Robyn Silvernagle ~ North Battleford
- Team Kristen Streifel ~ Regina
- Team Sherry Just/Ryan Deis ~ Fox Valley
- Team Chaelynn Kitz/Brayden Stewart ~ Saskatoon
Tier 2 Program
- Team Mike Armstrong ~ Regina
- Team Brett Barber ~ Biggar
- Team Kaitlyn Bowman ~ Weyburn
- Team Tyler Camm ~ Saskatoon
- Team Beau Cornelson ~ Swift Current
- Team Ryan Deis ~ Fox Valley
- Team Brooklyn Farquharson ~ Saltcoats
- Team Steve Howard ~ Regina
- Team Jason Jacobson ~ Saskatoon
- Team Sherry Just ~ Prince Albert
- Team Dustin Kalthoff ~ Saskatoon
- Team Cassidy Regush ~ Regina
- Team Kim Schneider ~ Kronau
- Team Kyla Thies ~ Regina
- Team Robyn Silvernagle/Dustin Kalthoff ~ Saskatoon
- Team Kristen Streifel/Steve Laycock ~ Saskatoon
Third Scott Manners of Fox Valleys Team Ryan Deis during the 2018 SaskTel Tankard Men’s Provincial Championship in Estevan (Photo, Wanda Harron Photography/Estevan).
Taylor Stremick of Regina delivering her stone during the 2018 Saskatchewan Winter Games in North Battleford (Photo Courtesy Saskathcewan Winter Games Committee).
2019 Canada Winter Games Training Program
- Team Jayden Bindig ~ Wadena
- Team Skylar Ackerman ~ Moose Jaw
- Team Logan Ede ~ Regina
- Team Adam Drewitz ~ Saskatoon
- Team Cody Sutherland ~ Maidstone
- Team Daymond Bernath ~ Saskatoon
- Team James Hom ~ Regina
- Team Madison Kleiter ~ Saskatoon
- Team Brooklyn Fahl ~ Prince Albert
- Team Elliott Martens ~ Moosomin
- Team Emily Haupstein ~ Weyburn
- Team Taylor Stremick ~ Regina
Early Ice Available Beginning Aug. 18 in North Battleford!
CURLSASK & the Twin Rivers Curling Club in North Battleford made an exciting announcement back in spring that their will be early ice for curlers in a few short weeks. This will give not only give our High Performance teams, but all teams from Saskatchewan a chance to gain early ice access in preparation for the upcoming curling season! For the full article, please click here.
The Twin Rivers Curling Club will also be hosting many unqiue and “first time” events in Saskatchewan during the month of August & September before the official competition & spiel season kicks off, check out all dates below:
- Aug. 18 ~ Early Ice Available
- Aug. 18 – Sept. 30 ~ High Performance Team Access
- Aug. 17-19 ~ Courses (Ice Makers, Coaches & Umpires)
- Aug. 31 – Sept. 3 ~ Battlefords Mixed Doubles Event
- Sept. 7-9 ~ Invitational Junior Slam Series
- Sept. 12-16 ~ Battlefords Swing & Slide Classis
- Sept. 22-23 ~ Canada Winter Games Training Camp #2
- Oct. 26-28 ~ The Academy of Curling Clinic
We hope everyone enjoys their time out on the ice up in North Battleford, and please ensure you give a big thanks to Ian Naismith as well as the local staff and volunteers for all their hard work they have & will be putting in!
Ian Naismith preparing the final touches to the ice prior to the 2018 Viterra Scotties in Melfort.