One year ago the Mixed Doubles curling format had announced thegame as a new Olympic sport which has taken this part of the game of curling to the next level! It will make its debut at the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. This years Canadian Championship being held April 5th at the Saskatoon Nutana Curling Club, will play a vital role for some teams looking to wear that Maple Leaf at those upcoming Olympic Games.
There are many headliner names from across the country looking to take that next step in their Mixed Doubles careers, but also many Saskatchewan teams wanting to put their name on the map as well! Let us take a look at a few of the teams competing next week:
- Dawn McEwen/Mike McEwen
- Rachel Homan/John Morris
- Jennifer Jones/Brent Laing
- Kaitlyn Lawes/Ryan Fry
- Chelsea Carey/Colin Hodgson
- Lisa Weagle/John Epping
- Joanne Courtney/Reid Carruthers
- Marliese Kasner/Dustin Kalthoff
- Last year’s representatives at the Mixed Doubles World Curling Championships
- Ashley Quick/Mike Armstrong
- Nancy Martin/Catlin Schneider
- Sherry Just/Ryan Deis
- Mackenzie Schwartz/Sam Wills
- 2017 Saskatchewan Mixed Doubles Champions
Four day event passes ($80) or daily passes ($25) are available. Tickets can be purchased at the Saskatoon Nutana Curling Club during regular business hours.
Four further information regarding this event, please contact Kristie McNair, Co-Chair of the Host Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Luck & Good Curling to all teams!