One year ago today, September 12th, 2013, Brian Hill then President of CURLSASK, threw the switch so to speak and the new CURLSASK website was launched. It was quite the learning process to find out what it takes to run a website and determine what interests fans or helps out curlers and member clubs.
The Google Analytic numbers were impressive so thanks to all who have used the website. New features and enhancements will be seen for Year 2. The website would not happen if not for the support the technical crew at the Canadian Curling Association. And, yes, they heard the comments about the On-Line Scoring and Results section. Enhancements are coming! The Poster section in Club Events was also very popular so keep those bonspiel notices coming.
CURLSASK’s main objectives for the website are to:
- inform fans and media of where our Saskatchewan teams are competing on the WCT & Saskatchewan Tours and in championship playdown competitions,
- provide real time line scores for Saskatchewan tour and championship events
- inform clubs and curlers of the numerous programs that are offered by CURLSASK
- provide sponsor recognition
- assist member clubs with promoting their events
- provide access to the administrative details for CURLSASK member clubs.
There are over 20,000 member curlers playing at 152 affiliated clubs in Saskatchewan’s thriving and dynamic curling scene. Marg Mayotte, 2014-2015 President of CURLSASK, the Board and Staff wish everybody a great curling season and see you at a rink this winter.
We are All Team Sask!