For the 2017-2018 curling season, the High Performance Program will consist of two tiers. Teams that have achieved the following will have first priority to be a part of the Tier 1 program:
- CURLSASK Provincial Men’s Champions and CURLSASK Selection Team* (retaining three of the original team lineup)
- CURLSASK Provincial Women’s Champions and CURLSASK Selection Team* (retaining three of the original team lineup)
- CURLSASK Provincial Junior Men’s and Women’s Champions and Runners Up (retaining three of the four original members unless athletes have aged out in which case at least two of the original team lineup needed)
- CURLSASK U18 Provincial Men’s and Women’s Champions (retaining three of the original team lineup)
- CURLSASK Mixed Doubles Provincial Champions and CURLSASK highest ranked CMDR (as of May 1, 2017) – both teams must be planning to stay intact for the 2017-2018 season.
Qualification of the above teams may be re-evaluated based upon the 2017-2018 competition schedule submitted upon acceptance at the discretion of the Director of High Performance – with a minimum of 3 WCT/SWCT events needed excluding playdowns for teams of four to qualify.
* CURLSASK Selection Teams qualify based on a combination of Provincial Playdown placing and one year CTRS totals with playdown placing acting as the tiebreaker if necessary. In Olympic Trials years – priority of the selection teams for men’s and women’s will be given to trials / pre-trials bound teams if different – with MD, up to two teams can be added that have qualified for trials.
In the event that any of the above teams do not qualify for the Tier 1 Program based on criteria or if their are repeat winners, then they will be replaced by other applicants based on trials or pre-trials priority, previous years CTRS results and/or the discretion of the Director of High Performance ( in Olympic Trials years teams do not have to be replaced within the same above disciplines re trials priorities).
Teams unsuccessful at qualifying for the Tier 1 HP Program will have an opportunity to qualify for the Tier 2 HP Program.