- Scores and Results
- Provincial Host Website
- Provincial Teams
- Provincial Draw Schedule
- 2017 World Championship:
Oct. 6-14, 2017 ~ Champery, Switzerland
- 2017 National Championship:
Nov. 12-18, 2017 ~ Swan River, Manitoba
- Region Playdowns:
NO REGION PLAYDOWNS! Moving to an open provincial championship (Details will be announced at a later date)!
- Provincial Championship:
March 21-25, 2018 ~ Prince Albert
- 2017/2018 National Championship:
November 2018 ~ TBD
Provincial Qualifiers Deadline
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Regional playdowns to a 16 team triple knockout provincial championship.
Get your team registered!
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Pointstreak, provides on-line registration and online payment for all competitions. Please follow directions carefully.
Any team member can be assigned to be the administrator for the on-line registration. The administrator will require all information for all team members.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person.
General Information (Information for the 17/18 season will be posted shortly)
Information Required to Register
- Team name – It is crucial to have a different team name for each competition entered (ie: Team curler-mens, Team curler-senior mens, etc.)
- Team line up
- All team members full addresses, e-mail, phone # and birth date
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE “ENTERED” THE COMPETITION.
Please note, you will also receive an e-mail confirms that you have created an account this is not a confirmation of event entry.
- Pointstreak does not store your credit card number on their server.
Your credit card information is erased from their system immediately after validation with their clearing house.
- Pointstreak treats the privacy of your data seriously. Their corporate policies and procedures are compliant with all Canadian and US legislation regarding the privacy of electronic information and personal data. Their servers are protected by the latest security technology to provide the highest level of protection possible. Please contact Pointstreak at 1-866-734-3585 should you have any questions regarding their security or privacy procedures.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy.
- No minimum or maximum age restriction.
- Each team must register its four players prior to the commencement of play. Each team must have two male players and two female players, and the male and female must play in alternate positions.
- All players on the team must be members of an affiliated club in the same Region.
- At the time of entry, the team must declare which one curling club they shall be representing for this competition.
- If a team has a coach, he/she must be a Certified Level I or Competition Coach Certified in the sport of curling. At Nationals he/she must be Level II Certified or Competition Development Certified in the sport of curling to be recognized. All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program prior to being granted coaching status.
- Registration Fees
- The CURLSASK Registration fee for this competition is $220.00 (GST included) per team plus a Curling Canada Participant Fee of $36.00 per player payable at the time of entry.
- Entry Deadline
- The entry deadline for this competition is 12:00 PM (noon), Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
- (Please refer to General Rules of Competition #13 for general substitution rules)
Specific substitution rules for this competition are:
- For Regions, a substitute may be a member of a club in the same Region as the team and may not be a registered member of a team in the Mixed competition.
- For Provincials, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province, not be a registered member of a team competition in the provincial event but could be from a registered team who has been eliminated from the Mixed competition.
C. PLAYDOWN PROCEDURES
The Provincial Championship will be a 16 team event with teams qualifying through a Region Playdown system. At the Provincial, the draw will be a 16 team self-seeded Triple Knockout format with a Page System Playoff. The A Event winner, B Event winner and the two finalists of the C Event will advance to the Page System Playoff.
- The province is divided into 8 Regions. Region playdowns are the responsibility of the CURLSASK Region Coordinators in consultation with the affiliated clubs within the Region. The sixteen teams that advance to the Provincials are determined by a percentage of the teams entered in their Region to the total number of teams entered in Province with all Regions receiving at least one (1) representative. Regions with no entries will not receive any representation. Percentage ties will be broken based on previous year’s percentage on entries.
- The team winning the Provincial Championship will represent the Province of Saskatchewan at the 2017-2018 National Mixed Championship held in November 2017.
Below provides information specific to competition host site(s) such as hotel and ticket information. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL – MEADOW LAKE
CURLSASK Liaison: Marg Mayotte, email@example.com
Host Committee Chairperson: Shannon Heddon – firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a block of rooms booked for all qualifying teams. Each team is guaranteed 2 rooms. The block of rooms are only saved until March 14, and then will be released for anyone to book.
Double Room – $124.95
Single Room – $116.95
Super 8 Motel
Double Room – $121.00
Nor Wester Motor Inn
Double Room – $73.00
Single Room – $62.00
Four Season Motel
Double Room – $73.00
Single Room – $62.00
Please call Shannon Heddon at 306-236-4314 to book your rooms and for further info.
With the schedule of the draw times during the week, there will be a “meet and greet” the team social on Wednesday evening after the team meeting has ended instead of an opening ceremonies. It will start at roughly 7:30. Every team must be in attendance and everyone is welcome to attend.
Admittance for curlers, members of CURLSASK and media will be provided at registration.
Day Pass – $10.00
Event Pass – $30.00
Draw Pass – $5.00
Available at the Door
Event Pass – $
Last Draw of the day – $
Available at the Door