- Scores and Results
- Provincial Host Website
- Provincial Teams
- Provincial Draw Schedule
February 23-March 5, 2018 ~ TBD
All region dates and sites will be updated shortly.
March 22-25, 2018 ~ Swift Current
April 9-14, 2018 ~ St. Andrews, New Brunswick
Regional Entry Deadline
Wednesday February 14, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Men’s & Women’s Divisions: Region Qualifiers qualify for a 8-team Triple Knockout Provincial Championship
Open Divisions: Region Qualifiers qualify for a 2 Pools of 4 Round Robin Provincial Championship
Get your team registered!
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Pointstreak, provides on-line registration and online payment for all competitions. Please follow directions carefully.
Any team member can be assigned to be the administrator for the on-line registration. The administrator will require all information for all team members.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person.
General Information (Information for the 17/18 season will be posted shortly)
Information Required to Register
- Team name – It is crucial to have a different team name for each competition entered (ie: Team curler-mens, Team curler-senior mens, etc.)
- Team line up
- All team members full addresses, e-mail, phone # and birth date
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE “ENTERED” THE COMPETITION.
Please note, you will also receive an e-mail confirms that you have created an account this is not a confirmation of event entry.
- Pointstreak does not store your credit card number on their server.
Your credit card information is erased from their system immediately after validation with their clearing house.
- Pointstreak treats the privacy of your data seriously. Their corporate policies and procedures are compliant with all Canadian and US legislation regarding the privacy of electronic information and personal data. Their servers are protected by the latest security technology to provide the highest level of protection possible. Please contact Pointstreak at 1-866-734-3585 should you have any questions regarding their security or privacy procedures.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy.
- Each player must be 17 years of age or under as of June 30, 2016. (i.e. – They must be born after June 30, 1998.)
Each team must register its four players and coach prior to the commencement of play at region level. A team consists of four players and a coach (who is at least 21 years of age). This event has three divisions:
- Men’s Division – must have four male players
- Women’s Division – must have four female players
- Open Recreational – can have any combination of male and/or female players
- Teams can enter only one division and must declare which division at time of registration.
All competitors on the team must be members of an affiliated club in the same region.
At the time of entry, the team must declare which one curling club they shall be representing for this competition.
- At the Region level of competition, the coach requires no training/certification. A team competing at the Provincial U18 will require a coach that is a trained Club Coach or NCCP equivalent. All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program prior to being granted coaching status.
- The CURLSASK registration fee for this competition is $120/ team (including GST). Plus a Curling Canada Participant fee of $7.50/per player payable at the time of entry. (Curling Canada Fee is only applicable for the U18 Men’s and U18 Women’s entries).
- The entry deadline for this competition is 12:00 PM (noon), Tuesday, Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
- (Please refer to General Rules of Competition #13 for general substitution rules)
- Specific substitution rules for this competition are:
- For Regions, a substitute may be a member of a club in the same Region as the team and may not be a registered member of a team in the Juvenile competition.
- For Provincials, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province, not be a registered member of a team competition in the provincial event but could be from a registered team who has been eliminated from the Juvenile competition in any division.
- The Provincial Championship will be an 8 team event per division (Men, Women, Open Recreational) with teams qualifying through a Region Playdown system.
- The province is divided into 8 Regions. Region playdowns are the responsibility of the CURLSASK Region Coordinators in consultation with the affiliated clubs within the Region. Each Region shall declare one winner per Division (Men, Women, Open Recreational) to advance to the Provincial Championship.
- At the Provincial, the Men and Women will be an eight team triple knockout. The Provincial Open Recreational will be 2 pool round robin format, with top two teams from each pool advancing to a Page Playoff.
- If a Region berth is not filled, the berth will be awarded to the Region with the highest ratio of berths to entries. If ties occur, the berth will be awarded to the Region whose teams have the highest number of entries in the previous year.
- Games – All games are played under CURLSASK and Curling Canada rules. All games are eight ends, with extra ends played to break ties. Fourth end breaks of five minutes, will be in effect at the Region and Provincial levels. Time outs per team (as per CURLSASK /Curling Canada rules) will be allowed at the Region and Provincial playdowns.
- As per CURLSASK Code of Conduct, competitors/coaches attending playdowns for the U18 competitions shall not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages and/or recreational drugs at any time during any level of play. The curling club licensed area shall be off limits to all competitors/coaches.
Below provides information specific to each competition host site such as hotel and ticket information. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL – MOOSE JAW
CURLSASK Liaison: Murray Stroeder, email@example.com, (306) 630-7384)
Host Committee Chairperson:
Shaunna Fritzler: sFritzler@mosaicplace.ca or 306-631-5932
Donna Ackerman: Ackerman.firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-631-6959
Manager – MJFCC: Danielle Sicinski: email@example.com or 306-631-3614
- Ramada Moose Jaw – Block of rooms set aside under U18 Curling at a discounted rate + Hotel is contributing $10/room to Curl Moose Jaw for each booking made in advance.
- Ph: 306-693-3050 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Block code CGCURL)
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel – Block of rooms set aside under U18 Provincial Curling at a discounted rate.
- Ph: 306-972-7829 or email@example.com (Group #2745136)
Opening Ceremonies – Thursday 6:45 PM
Banquet – Thursday 7:00 PM
Banquet tickets are provided for curlers. Extra tickets are available at registration for family and friends.
Admittance for curlers, members of CURLSASK and media will be provided at registration.