- Provincial Championship
February 16-19, 2017 ~ Saskatoon CN
- National Championship
April 5-9, 2017 ~ Saskatoon, SK
- World Championship
Arpil 22-29, 2017 ~ Lethbridge, Alberta
Provincial Qualifying Process
The play downs will be an Open Provincial competition using a format determined by the Competition Committee once the number of teams has been declared.
Entry deadline is January 31, 2017, 12:00 p.m. (noon)
If players qualified for Curling Canada National Mixed Doubles Championship through Order of Merit, they are ineligible to compete in the Provincial event.
Get your team registered!
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Pointstreak, provides on-line registration and online payment for all competitions. Please follow directions carefully.
Any team member can be assigned to be the administrator for the on-line registration. The administrator will require all information for all team members.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person.
Information Required to Register
- Team name – It is crucial to have a different team name for each competition entered (ie: Team curler-mens, Team curler-senior mens, etc.)
- Team line up
- All team members full addresses, e-mail, phone # and birth date
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE “ENTERED” THE COMPETITION.
Please note, you will also receive an e-mail confirms that you have created an account this is not a confirmation of event entry.
- Pointstreak does not store your credit card number on their server.
Your credit card information is erased from their system immediately after validation with their clearing house.
- Pointstreak treats the privacy of your data seriously. Their corporate policies and procedures are compliant with all Canadian and US legislation regarding the privacy of electronic information and personal data. Their servers are protected by the latest security technology to provide the highest level of protection possible. Please contact Pointstreak at 1-866-734-3585 should you have any questions regarding their security or privacy procedures.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy and be Canadian citizens.
- No age restriction.
- Teams comprised of both players who are under the age of 19 at the time of the Provincial, must have a coach or guardian accompany them.
- Each team must register its two players prior to the commencement of play.
- One coach will be allowed for each team. Coach must be 21 years of age or older and have a minimum Competition Coach Trained status or NCCP equivalent. All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program prior to being granted coaching status.
- If players have qualified for Curling Canada National Mixed Doubles Canadian Trials through Order of Merit, then they are ineligible to compete in Provincial event.
- At the time of entry, the team must declare which one curling club they shall be representing for this competition.
- The CURLSASK registration fee is $120.00 (GST included) per team
- Entry Deadline
The entry deadline is January 31, 2017, 12:00pm (noon)
- Alternate/substitute players are not allowed. A team must forfeit any game(s) in which it fails to have both players playing for the entire game.
- The playdown will be an Open Provincial competition using a format determined by the Competition Committee once the number of teams has been declared.
- All games are played under the CURLSASK and Curling Canada rules.
- The winning team must continue with a minimum of 50% of its original registered team to represent Saskatchewan at the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championship. In the case a team is unable to field 50% of their originally registered line up at the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championship the runner up team will be declare team Saskatchewan and will then be subject to all applicable playdown procedures.
- The winning team will earn the right to represent Saskatchewan at the Canadian Mixed Doubles Curling Championship April 5 – 9, 2017 in Saskatoon. Teams must cover all travel/accommodation expenses.
Below provides information specific to each competition host site such as hotel and ticket information. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL -SASKATOON CN
CURLSASK Liaison: Michael Dudar, email@example.com
Host Committee Chairperson: Ronn Hinz, Ed Reimer or Steve Turner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 306-382-3088
Saskatoon Inn – $139 per night – Team Rate
For reservations call – 306-242-1440
Luncheon tickets are provided for curlers. Extra tickets are available at registration for family and friends.
Luncheon will be held at: CN Curling Club, Friday, February 17th
Extra Luncheon Tickets – $20/person
Admittance for curlers, members of CURLSASK and media will be provided at registration.
Day Pass – $10.00
Event Pass – $25.00
Available at the Door