- Scores and Results
- Provincial Host Website
- Provincial Teams
- Provincial Draw Schedule
- Q-Spiel #1:
November 10-12, 2017 ~ TBD
- Q-Spiel #2:
December 1-3, 2017 ~ TBD
- Q-Spiel #3:
December 8-10, 2017 ~ TBD
- Provincial Championship:
December 27-31, 2017 ~ Regina Callie
- National Championship:
January 13-21, 2018 ~ Shawinigan, Quebec
- World Championship:
March 3-11, 2018 ~ Aberdeen, Scotland
Q-Spiel #1 Entry Deadline
Q-Spiel #2 Entry Deadline
Q-Spiel #3 Entry Deadline
North/South Qualifiers qualify for a 16-team Triple Knockout Provincial Championship.
Get your team registered!
CURLSASK, in conjunction with Pointstreak, provides on-line registration and online payment for all competitions. Please follow directions carefully.
Any team member can be assigned to be the administrator for the on-line registration. The administrator will require all information for all team members.
An e-mail address can only be used by one person.
Information Required to Register
- Team name – It is crucial to have a different team name for each competition entered (ie: Team curler-mens, Team curler-senior mens, etc.)
- Team line up
- All team members full addresses, e-mail, phone # and birth date
- Method of payment in full (credit card, cheque to be mailed)
UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR REGISTRATION PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE “ENTERED” THE COMPETITION.
Please note, you will also receive an e-mail confirms that you have created an account this is not a confirmation of event entry.
- Pointstreak does not store your credit card number on their server.
Your credit card information is erased from their system immediately after validation with their clearing house.
- Pointstreak treats the privacy of your data seriously. Their corporate policies and procedures are compliant with all Canadian and US legislation regarding the privacy of electronic information and personal data. Their servers are protected by the latest security technology to provide the highest level of protection possible. Please contact Pointstreak at 1-866-734-3585 should you have any questions regarding their security or privacy procedures.
- Registering your team provides CURLSASK the ability to use and disclose information from individuals for the purpose of providing services or information, managing records, conducting research and sharing information to other curling or sports organizations at the discretion of CURLSASK.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline – full refund of competition registration fees.
- Cancellation after the registration deadline – no refund of competition registration fees. Under special circumstances written application for refund can be made to CURLSASK Finance Committee for consideration.
- All participants must be player members of CURLSASK. Player Members are defined as persons who are members of CURLSASK Affiliate Member Curling Clubs.
- All competitors on the team must be members of an affiliated club in the Province
- At the time of entry, the team must declare which one curling club they shall be representing for this competition.
- All participants must adhere to the CURLSASK Residency Policy and be Canadian citizens.
- Each player must be 20 years of age or under on or before July 1st the year preceding the national championship (2016). (i.e.- They must be born after July 1st, 1995)
- Each team must register its four players and coach prior to the commencement of play at the Qualification Bonspiel. A team consists of four players and a coach who is at least 21 years of age. Only one coach per team will receive coach’s recognition as per CURLSASK policy. The coach is directly responsible for the conduct of his/her team, on and off the ice.
- Teams may enter any Qualification Bonspiel in the province, but once a team qualifies at a Junior Qualification Bonspiel, the team is ineligible to enter any further Qualification Bonspiels.
- It is mandatory that all teams at Q-Spiels, and Provincials have a coach that is Competition Coach Trained or old NCCP Level 1 Certified, in the sport of curling, and the coach must be 21 years of age or older. All coaches must complete the Respect in Sport on-line training program prior to being granted coaching status.
- A Competition Coach Certified or Old NCCP Level 2 Certified Coach, in the sport of curling, is required for National Junior Championships. A Competition Coach Certified or Old NCCP Level 2 Certified Coach, in the sport of curling, MUST be named before Provincial Playdowns.
- Registration/Entry Fee
- Commencing at a Q-Spiel each team entering the competition, will pay the CURLSASK Registration Fee of $220.00 (GST included) per team plus a Curling Canada Participant Fee of $36.00 per player.
- The team will also pay a separate Entry Fee for each Bonspiel, which is over and above the one-time playdown registration fee. The Entry Fee for each Bonspiel will be $80.00 (GST included).
- Dates and Entry Deadlines
The dates and deadlines for the qualifying bonspiels are as follows:
Date Location Deadline
Q-Spiel #1 Nov 4-6 Estevan October 31, 2016 6:00pm
Q-Spiel #2 Nov 11-13 Saskatoon Nutana November 7, 2016 6:00pm
Q-Spiel #3 Nov 25- 27 Wadena November 21, 2016 6:00pm
(Please refer to General Rules of Competition #13 for general substitution rules)
Specific substitution rules for this competition are:
- For Qualification Bonspiels, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province but may not be a registered member of a team in the Junior Men’s competition.
- For Provincials, a substitute may come from anywhere in the province, not be a registered member of a team competition in the provincial event but could be from a registered team who has been eliminated from the Junior Men’s competition.
C. PLAYDOWN PROCEDURE
The Provincial Championship will be a 12 team event with the teams qualifying through three (3) Qualification Bonspiels in the Province. Four teams from each bonspiel will qualify for the Provincial Championship.
- Triple knockout draw will be run for each Q-spiel. Which events the four qualifiers come out of for each spiel will be determined by the CURLSASK competition committee once entry numbers are confirmed
- Teams winning a Qualifying Bonspiel berth CANNOT enter another Qualifying Spiel.
- At the Provincial, a round robin/pool format will be used. Teams will be divided into two (2) self seeded pools of six (6) teams. The top two (2) teams from each pool will advance to a page system playoff.
As per CURLSASK Code of Conduct, competitors/coaches attending playdowns for the Junior competitions shall not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages and/or recreational drugs at any time during any level of play. The curling club licensed area shall be off limits to all competitors/coaches.
Below provides information specific to each competition host site such as hotel and ticket information. Please click on the host site below that you would like information for. This information can also be found in the Competitor Guide under the Documents Tab.
PROVINCIAL – MELFORT
CURLSASK Liaison: Mitch Minken
Host Committee Chairperson: Gerald MacGillivray
Host hotels are for Players and Coaches only. MAXIMUM 3 rooms per team. Booked by calling Gerald MacGillvary at the Melfort Curling Club 306.752.2779.
Canalta – 30 double rooms @ $138.00 plus tax
Bluebird Hotel – 25 double rooms @ $110.00 plus tax
Carra Valla – 5 non-smoking room double rooms @ $75.00 plus tax – 3 smoking double rooms @ $75.00 plus tax – 7 non-smoking single rooms @$65.00 plus tax – 3 smoking single rooms @ $65.00 plus tax
Luncheon tickets are provided for curlers. Extra tickets must be purchased in advance by calling the Melfort Curling Club (306) 752-2779 at for family and friends.
Luncheon will be held at the Kerry Vickar Centre
Extra Luncheon Tickets – $ /person
Admittance for curlers, members of CURLSASK and media will be provided at registration.
Day Pass – $
Event Pass – $
Last Draw – $
Under 14 – Free
Available at the Door